Saturday, May 26, 2012

Vegan Pizza (Vizza) and smoothie night

Sunday through Friday my diet is flawless. On Saturdays I have a little fun. Believe it or not there are some fun vegan "junk foods."
Today Penny and I made vegan pizza and smoothies.
 Here's all you'll need for the pizza:
Best pizza dough around. Trader Joe's Garlic Herb. I could make my own but at $1.29 it's just easier to buy
Plain Marinara. This is my fave. Also from Trader Joe's

Daiya cheese. Best vegan cheese ever. Lots of shops are carrying it now. Whole food is your best bet.
Fresh veggies: Today we're doing pineapple, garlic, and mushroom
Chop it all up. Be sure your knife is good and sharp so you can slice the garlic paper thin "Good Fellas" style.
Be sure the dough is room temperature so its good and pliable. Spread it across whatever size pan you like depending on how thick you want the crust. Today i used a 15x 10 inch rectangle pan.
Spread the garlic and marinara 1st. I used 5 cloves. If you've cut the garlic thin enough it'll disappear into the sauce when it's cooked and will smell and taste amazing. Top with a full bag of cheese and toppings. Apply heat :)
Meh, I've made better looking pizzas. Tasted awesome though


For the smoothie: 1/2 frozen banana, handful of frozen strawberries, 1/4 large mango, OJ, and a blender
Find a hungry 5 yr old and enjoy

1 comment: