Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Gym Rat Rules

1. Hoodie up, head phones in. DON'T TALK TO ME! 
I was at the gym yesterday and this dude was like:
 "Man, are you getting bigger" 
10 mins later "You still vegan?" 
5 mins later "Dumbbells huh, You like them better than barbells?"
I gave one word answers and avoided eye contact. I wanted to say "DAMN!!! Take a hint"
Gyms are social places. I do chat with my friends when I see them. But if you see someone in the zone goin' mad-dog, straight FEELIN' IT! Leave him alone!

2. No curls in the squat rack
There is NOTHING more frustration than walking into the gym on leg day, ready to go H.A.M. on some heavy squats and and seeing some noob on the squat rack curling with 5 pounders on the bar. Most gyms only have on squat rack. They are for squats only!

3. Use proper form
You're not impressing anyone by bouncing 300lbs off your chest, and contorting like Emily Rose to get it up for one rep. You look like an a$$ and your gonna hurt yourself.


4. Keep off your phone!
There's one leg extension a my gym. I watched a girl today do 5 sets without getting up. She checked her phone every time she rested between sets. Three guys walked by and looked at her like "DAMN, YOU DONE?!?"
If you absolutely must check your phone GET UP and let someone work in!



HAPPY TRAINING!

No comments:

Post a Comment