Sunday, November 4, 2012

Showing up is not enough

So you bought a few boot camp or personal training sessions. Good for you! You've taken the 1st step. Now the hard work begins.
I take my career as a personal trainer deadly serious. I ask nothing less than 100% from all my clients 100% of the time, and I promise to always give 100% back. If you come to one of my classes or PT sessions expecting anything less than the hardest workout you've ever done you have hired the wrong guy.
Showing up is not enough! You must push your body as far as it will take you on every set, every rep, ALWAYS! (obviously being sure to always use proper form and taking any contraindications into consideration)
So you can squat 100 lbs for a minute then run a suicide. Good for you! Slap on another 10 lbs for the next set and do it again! 
If you do a set of swing throughs with with a 20 lb kettle bell, run a 100 yard sprint, get back and have enough wind to chat with your buddy about work or whatever, YOU HAVE NOT PUSHED HARD ENOUGH!!!  Up to the next weight and run harder!
We are social creatures. Getting together in groups and talking smack about whatever is just what we do. But for 1 hour a day all  I ask is that you put that crap on the back burner and train as hard as you can.
It will suck, you might puke, you may want to quit. DON'T!!! 
You WILL get stronger. You WILL get faster. You WILL get leaner. You Will get better.

"That was the hardest workout I've ever done. I wish I hadn't" 
said no one ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment