Monday, July 30, 2012

Delts, Quads, and Tofu Chorizo scramble

I skipped cardio today and hit Delts and Quads hard and heavy. 

Delts:

Seated barbell military press: 5 sets, every set to failure. Started out around 15 reps then increased the weight each set until I could only do 6 reps.

Upright row: 5 sets, same technique 

Lateral dumbbell fly: this is a finishing/ shaping movement so I kept the weight low and the reps high. 5 sets 12-15rep always to failure

Quads:

Leg press: 6 sets same technique as above

Leg extension: this is another shaping/ finishing movement. Its also very tough on your knees so keep the weight low and the reps high 6 sets, 12-15 reps always to failure.

This workout took just about an hour. Push you muscles to failure on every set. Be sure to keep proper form. Give yourself 60-90 seconds between each set.

When I got home I was starving. I wanted something heavy and protein dense. 

Tofu Chorizo scramble:

Here's all you need

This is another great tofu brand. Super firm and seasoned with organic parsley and oregano. 4 servings, 17g of protein per serving. I used 2 servings.  34g
This is my favorite brand of soy chorizo. You can find it just about anywhere. Its got the best chunky texture. i used about 1/4 of the package. It's already well seasoned so you don't need to add anything else.
Put some olive oil in a skillet, toss in some fresh chopped garlic, then crumble up the tofu and toss it in
Add the Chorizo and cook until lightly browned
I topped it with an avocado, daiya cheese, and served it with some black beans I made a couple nights ago. Also used fresh corn tortilla and salsa I got from Panch Ville's Farmer's Market
Took about 10 minutes to make.
My serving sizes are about double the average humans so adjust accordingly.
Bon Appetit!




No comments:

Post a Comment